Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 25892-294697
Address Line 1: 597 Bennett Lane
Zip Code: 75057
Position Status: Full-Time
POSITION OVERVIEW :
Manage fleet maintenance personnel, activities and equipment readiness at a large FedEx Freight shop location.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Lead, educate and develop employees
2. Ensure equipment repairs are completed in a high-quality and timely manner
3. Monitor employee performance, provide corrective action, and be accessible to all areas of the shop
4. Plan daily staffing to meet workload
5. Provide support to the Operations team regarding all equipment-related issues
6. Monitor and analyze opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies
7. Perform administrative functions, including but not limited to, payroll approval, scanner downloads, repair order maintenance and compliance documentation (such as self-audits and inventory controls)
8. Ensure clean, safe working conditions of the facility and equipment
9. Communicate with Fleet Maintenance leadership to ensure Operations and company needs are met
10. Identify and monitor equipment sent to outside vendors for repairs
11. Conduct pre-shift meetings with employees and weekly meetings with Operations team
12. Collaborate with Safety and other departments to investigate all safety and accident-related matters
13. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
14. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
· High school diploma or equivalent; two or more years of college preferred
· T hree (3) years of supervisory/management experience in transportation, operations, parts, or vehicle maintenance OR a combination of vehicle maintenance experience and supervisory/management experience. (One year of vehicle maintenance technical school training may substitute for one year of vehicle equipment maintenance experience.)
· Must be able to operate a manual transmission truck to determine if operating properly
· Must possess a valid driver’s license
· Knowledge of equipment maintenance and DOT rules and regulations
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
· Negotiating, problem solving and decision making skills
· Must be multi-tasked oriented and possess good organizational skills
· Basic Microsoft Office and Internet skills
· Must be able to travel as needed
· Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job
· Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes and noise
· Exposure to climate conditions of the geographic area
· Exposure to chemicals, oils, greases or other irritants
· Hours may vary due to operational need
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.