Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 25892-294852
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Pursuant to applicable laws, responsible for the administration of non-litigated liability claims of minimal value asserted against the company. Evaluate exposure to company associated with those claims and determine the appropriate course of action to best protect the company from undue loss and to mitigate associated costs. Provide guidance to third party administrators, internal customers and coworkers, and support management.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage and control bodily injury and property damage liability claims of minor complexity and/or exposure and subrogation/recovery claims for damages to company property and vehicles against responsible third parties in assigned jurisdictions.
2. Assess and triage new claims, identifying potential subrogation claims as well as identifying and referring bodily injury and property damage claims to third party administrator.
3. Investigate, identify and evaluate coverage, liability and damages; establish proper financial reserves on assigned claims, reporting to management when required; identify and evaluate subrogation and recovery rights and sources, pursing recovery when appropriate.
4. Negotiate and resolve assigned claims consistent with applicable law and company policy with settlement authority up to $50,000 or as otherwise authorized by management.
5. Report to excess insurance carriers as necessary on assigned claims in order to meet contractual reporting obligations.
6. Provide guidance and support to managers, employees, third party administrators, and other external and internal customers with respect to liability claims procedures, accident reporting, claims handling, evidence preservation, and data integrity as assigned.
7. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures.
8. Perform other duties as required.
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• One (1) year of experience adjusting automobile liability/general liability property damage and bodily injury claims of minimal exposure and complexity on a regional or national level, preferred
• Subrogation/recovery experience, preferred
• Knowledge of third party liability claims, contract, tort, damages, subrogation, agency, contribution/indemnity and other applicable/related laws, as well as related terminology, concepts and practices, preferred
• Professional designation in claims and/or insurance, preferred
• Good communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically
• Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and effectively manage changing priorities
• Knowledge of medical terminology and procedure with successful completion of medical terminology course(s) preferred
• Good analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must be able to travel
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.