Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 25892-294856
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Responsible for investigating, evaluating and negotiating complex litigated and non-litigated liability claims asserted against the company in assigned geographical area. Evaluate exposure to company associated with those claims and determine the appropriate course of action to protect the company from undue loss and to mitigate associated costs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage and control the administration of automobile and general liability claims of significant complexity and/or exposure presented against or by company in assigned area, including all serious bodily injury and property damage liability claims and litigation with high financial exposure.
2. Investigate, identify and evaluate coverage, liability and damages; establish proper financial reserves on assigned claims, reporting to management when required; and identify and evaluate subrogation and recovery rights and sources, pursuing recovery when appropriate.
3. Negotiate and resolve claims within the company’s deductible with settlement authority up to $250,000 or with additional authority secured from management when needed.
4. Monitor resolution of claims in excess of deductible, intervening as necessary to protect the company’s assets.
5. Execute legal documents; respond on behalf of the company to discovery requests; attend depositions, hearings, mediations, trials and other legal proceedings required to resolve complex litigation.
6. Report to excess insurance carriers as necessary on assigned claims in order to meet contractual reporting obligations under our insurance policies.
7. Implement and monitor effectiveness of claims cost containment programs and processes and procedures to ensure compliance with laws governing claims administration; act as liaison between company and state agencies in assigned area.
8. Evaluate the impact of existing and proposed legislation, rules, and regulations, as well as new case decisions and developments in assigned area; communicate findings to management.
9. Train and/or provide direction and support to external and internal customers with respect to liability claims procedures, accident reporting, and claims handling in assigned area.
10. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
11. Perform other assignments (or duties) as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience plus five (5) years of automobile and general liability bodily injury and/or property damage claims experience, involving serious bodily injury and/or property damage liability claims and litigation of significant exposure and complexity on a regional or national level including responsibility for reserving and payment accuracy.
• Experience in negotiation and resolution of subrogation/recovery claims involving legal action preferred
• Experience in negotiation and resolution of litigated claims including utilizing Alternative Dispute Resolution methods.
• Professional designation in claims and/or insurance preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically.
• Excellent leadership, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and effectively manage changing priorities.
• In-depth knowledge of medical terminology and procedure with successful completion of medical terminology course(s) preferred.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Division Category: Legal/Regulatory
• Must be able to travel
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.