Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analyst Field Engineering
Requisition ID: 25892-295015
Address Line 1: 2030 North Union Street
Zip Code: 17057
Position Status: Full-Time
Provide engineering plans applying fundamental engineering concepts and practices/procedures to analyze operational data and recommend methods for improvements to the FedEx Freight network.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Analyze performance data within engineering
2. Utilize engineering tools and software to analyze data and validate results
3. Research, analyze and effectively consolidate technical or engineering related information and present for management review
4. Formulate and present document research, progress, and results to team members, internal customers and senior management
5. Apply project management fundamentals and concepts with management guidance. Develop progress reports, meeting minutes, and field communication memos for management review
6. Develop and update engineering plans based on volume forecasts
7. Collaborate with Field Engineering, Operations Planning & Engineering (OP&E) and Transportation teams to develop and implement corporate projects
8. Review and compare daily service analysis to previous day activities; develop customized reports for analysis (e.g., root cause analysis) for continuous improvements using engineering principles and communicate solutions, operational issues, and enhancements
9. Conduct dock observations and makes recommendations on methods to increase productivity and decrease freight damages
10. Participate in service center and department projects (e.g., Quality Driven Management (QDM)).
11. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
12. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or other quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience plus two (2) years’ experience in applicable technical area, preferred
• Experienced with Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs
• Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations
Division Category: Administrative, All, Engineering, General
• Ability to travel as necessary up to and including 50%