Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Shop Technician 3
Requisition ID: 25892-295517
Address Line 1: 11153 Mulberry Ave
Zip Code: 92337
Position Status: Full-Time
To provide timely, quality, and cost effective maintenance for vehicle fleet including tractors, trailers, forklifts, and other equipment that requires preventive maintenance, repairs and documentation to ensure a safe and efficient fleet of vehicles.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Performs preventative and routine maintenance on tractors, trailers, forklifts, and other equipment (which may include the use of diagnostic equipment)
2. Works with other technicians in performing preventative maintenance and repairs
3. Prepares records and reports both in writing and electronically
4. Performs safety inspections of equipment and documents the work
5. Moves parts to and from the job site and removes or installs these parts on vehicle
6. Performs paint and body work on vehicles, as required
7. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
8. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High School Diploma (or GED)
• Must have one (1) year experience performing vehicle maintenance or either possess, or be within sixty (60) days of obtaining, a heavy duty vehicle maintenance certificate from an accredited vehicle maintenance vocational/trade school
• Medium/Heavy Truck Master ASE Certification preferred
• Class A CDL preferred
• Must possess necessary tools to perform assigned tasks
• Valid driver’s license may be required depending on work assignment
• Knowledge of the use and operation of power, trailing and testing equipment, gauges and tools normally associated with troubleshooting and repair of industrial hydraulic, electrical, and diesel equipment
• Basic computer skills including email, maintenance programs, and diagnostic systems
• Basic knowledge of late model gas and diesel engines and on-board computers
• Experience using oxygen/acetylene equipment (cutting, heating, bending, welding, fabricating equipment during repair) preferred
• Experience using lifting devices (bottle, floor, wheel, or transmission jacks, floor cranes etc.)
• Experience using precision measurement instruments (micrometers, dial indicators, electronic multimeters/testers, A/C charging station etc.) preferred
• Able to frequently lift components weighing approximately 110 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
• Ability to safely operate vehicles equipped with manual and automatic transmission
• Ability to enter and exit driver’s compartment of truck and/or behind cab using normally available foot and handholds
• If paint and body work duties required, experience required
• If forklift repair duties required, prior forklift repair experience required
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job
• Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes and noise
• May be required to drive service van to off-site locations and perform work
• Exposure to climate conditions of the geographic area
• Exposure to chemicals, oils, greases, paints or other irritants
• Hours may vary due to operational need
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.