Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 25892-296027
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Manage and assist in the development, coordination, progress and direction of assigned functional area of transportation, e.g., Line Haul/ Freight Flow, Hub Planning, Transportation Planning, Purchased Transportation, Capacity Management by determining needs and solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Interview, select, motivate, lead and develop a transportation staff that supports operations performance
2. Direct the focus of hub planners in an effort to reduce the re-handling of freight, increase direct loads and head loading and maximize load capacity
3. Interface and communicate with field operations and road drivers on various issues including road staffing needs and dispatch procedures
4. Interface with management to ensure freight flow is compatible with freight flow designs to ensure efficient and timely service; partner with freight flow team to make adjustments to freight flow designs as necessary
5. Communicate effectively with Transportation to balance lanes and sell available capacity
6. Identify and assist in implementation of metrics for measuring performance of capacity management
7. Review each dispatch region with transportation staff daily, directing attention to lane balance, bids, cancellations and driver utilization
8. Coordinate movement and balance service center equipment pools
9. Lead strategic endeavors for cross Op Co collaboration projects in an effort to improve utilization of assets across all FedEx Companies.
10. Identify business opportunities and expand ideas from management to conceptualize, define and model operational problems to assess feasibility and impact
11. Manage coordination with solutions department on set up and execution of distribution projects and truckload needs
12. Develop and execute continuous improvement initiatives and projects to drive cost reductions, internal efficiency and service improvement for on-time performance, lane load average, cube utilization and capacity issues
13. Oversee administration of fines and citations and work with operations and safety to reduce events.
14. Oversee administration of toll use and manage transponder assets
15. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
16. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience plus five (5) years of experience in operations, logistics/transportation, or distribution/warehouse experience which includes three (3) years’ planning and analysis experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations, hazardous materials regulations
• Direct knowledge and understanding of line-haul and hub systems, freight movement, lane movement and bid processes
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel and Outlook
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong leadership, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently and as team member
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able to work flexible hours including nights as directed and/or needed
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.