Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Freight Flow Analyst
Requisition ID: 25892-296306
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Provides detailed analysis of previous and current Line Haul operations and needs to determine driver and bid needs; alternate freight movements, changes in operations, and transit time enhancements; Analysis focuses on historical and current data to support current and future execution of efficient Line Haul operations
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES:
1. Analyzes tonnage to determine driver and Line Haul bid needs; identifies opportunities to utilize purchased transportation to address imbalanced lanes and freight movement needs
2. Maintains departure goals and trailer routes
3. Identifies head load/direct loading opportunities
4. Analyzes lanes for opportunity to change freight flow, fill light lanes and relieve heavy lanes, improve efficiencies
5. Identifies freight imbalances for implementation of purchased transportation; monitors the number of empty trailer moves and pups loaded in PT lanes
6. Educates operations employees on load plan and freight movement compliance
7. Monitors report on use of city drivers to cover runs, suggests and validates hiring needs
8. Monitors weather and facility capacities creating alternate freight flow plans due to weather or facility constraints
9. Creates alternate hub scenarios and alternate freight movement scenarios
10. Develops Line Haul bid structures and supports the field Line Haul bidding process
11. Complies with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
12. Performs other assignments (or duties) as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Two (2) years of college or equivalent work experience plus five (5) years operations, logistics/transportation or distribution/warehouse experience or a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience plus three (3) years operations, logistics/transportation or distribution/warehouse
• Working knowledge of the modified hub system and inter-regional Line Haul plan
• Working knowledge of Line Haul regions in road dispatch and how each region interacts with the others
• Experience using Microsoft Office software, with a proficiency in Excel
• Ability to learn and use various operations computer systems
• Able to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Travel required
• Must be able to work flexible schedule as hours may vary due to operational need
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.