Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 25892-296319
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: Varies
Develop, support and educate transportation team in processes, which optimize business plan performance and on-time service initiatives. Research, develop and implement new concepts, processes or reporting tools necessary to operate an efficient transportation network. Support transportation management through daily reporting/research and serve as liaison for transportation regarding departmental projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Serve as mentor for less experienced team members
2. Analyze data, formulate conclusions and recommend plans for improving processes, which support in ensuring compliance with daily transportation plan. Manage projections and dispatches to maximize cube and load average
3. Organize, communicate, and support transportation projects, including but not limited to, improving load average efficiencies and on-time service. Identify locations, which lack compliance to the transportation network plan and work with other functional groups, as appropriate, to gain compliance to plan
4. Create ad-hoc reports, which assist transportation management in identifying areas that need improvement through data and statistical analysis
5. Lead departmental special projects and collaborate with other departments. Serve as transportation subject matter expert and project lead for information technology or other related projects
6. Schedule, coordinate and manage conference calls with operations regarding alternate line haul plans caused by weather or road closures. Document and communicate alternate plan(s) to transportation leadership, operations and other appropriate functions. Work directly with equipment control to place all new equipment
7. Identify opportunities to reduce company or purchased transportation schedules based on daily fluctuations in tonnage while maintaining service and efficiency goals. Formulate suggestions for long term alteration to plan and communicate to Freight Flow and Operations Research. Communicate effectively with drivers and service center operations regarding dispatch procedures, pay issues and policy questions
8. Serve as a subject matter expert on policies and procedures outlined in driver’s manual while ensuring compliance of all applicable laws/regulations
9. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
10. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Two (2) years of college or equivalent work experience plus five (5) years of experience in operations, logistic/transportation or distribution/warehouse or a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience plus three (3) years of experience in operations, logistics/transportation or distribution/warehouse
• Comprehensive knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) and hazardous materials regulations
• Knowledge of company policies/procedures, preferred
• Direct knowledge and understanding of line-haul and hub system, freight movement, lane balance and bid processes
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel)
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Hours my vary due to operational needs
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.