Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Intern-Field Operations Supprt
Requisition ID: 25892-296474
Address Line 1: 750 North 5600 West
City: Salt Lake City
Zip Code: 84116
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: TBD to accommodate class schedules
INTERNSHIP POSITION OVERVIEW:
Under supervision, interns are expected to develop a broad knowledge of Less Than Truck Load (LTL) operations, tools, processes and procedures working alongside senior professionals, managers and leadership in areas of operations and sales.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Gain knowledge of LTL industry principles, terms, policies and procedures as defined by company
2. Develop competency and understanding of processes and systems used in operations and sales
3. Gain understanding of analytical approach and procedures to measure operations objectives
4. Develop through understanding of intent and control measures of reports for processes that post results
5. Develop and communicate ad hoc reporting
6. Assist with various assignments and projects as assigned
7. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
8. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Must be enrolled in or recently graduated (within the last 24 months) from an accredited college or university
• Successful completion of 60 semester hours toward a Bachelor’s Degree, 90 semester hours preferred, with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be reliable and exhibit follow-through
• Must be adept in completing assignments and solving problems
• Good organizational and interpersonal skills
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Able to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Could include exposure to a dock environment exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
• Hours may vary due to operational need
• Frequent contact with LTL service center personnel in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.