Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 25892-298432
Address Line 1: 5035 Morton Drive
City: East Moline
Zip Code: 61244
Work Hours: 40+
Provide engineering plans applying advanced engineering concepts, practices and procedures to analyze operational data and recommend methods for improvements to the FedEx Freight network.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Utilize engineering tools and software to analyze data obtained from multiple sources including data mining and statistical analysis tools
2. Research, analyze, and consolidate technical or engineering related information; present to management for review and recommend solutions
3. Formulate and present document research, progress and results. Interact with team members, internal customers and senior management
4. Apply project management fundamentals and concepts for multiple concurrent projects. Develop progress reports, meeting minutes, field communication memos and presentations for management review
5. Develop and update engineering plans based on volume forecasts
6. Collaborate with Field Engineering, Operations Planning & Engineering (OP&E) and Transportation teams to develop and implement corporate projects
7. Review and compare daily service analysis to previous day activities. Develop customized reports for analysis (e.g., root cause analysis) for continuous improvements using engineering principles and communicating solutions, operational issues, and enhancements
8. Conduct dock observations and makes recommendations on methods to increase productivity and decrease freight damages
9. Lead service center and department projects (e.g. Quality Driven Management (QDM))
10. Mentor and develop critical skill sets of Field Engineering analysts
11. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
12. Perform other duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering plus five (5) years of engineering experience in the transportation industry or a related industry
• Experienced with Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
• Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage projects, prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals and respond to day-to-day functional needs
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and develop effective and efficient solutions
• Must be able to travel as required
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.