Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Capacity Mgmt Specialist
Requisition ID: 25892-298795
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Implement and maintain the daily operation processes of the Capacity Management system and work collaboratively with Sales, Operations and Transportation to secure shipments in lanes with capacity. Provide quotes for larger LTL and Volume shipments; develop leads and build customer direct relationships.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Review Capacity Management solutions to balance freight lane needs
2. Confirm load characteristics with customers to ensure correct equipment and proper documentation is used for freight movement, reporting any discrepancies to leadership
3. Negotiate best possible spot rates with customer on shipments
4. Collaborate with Sales, Operations and Transportation on proper use of Capacity Management
5. Generate shipment and revenue growth while maintaining and/or improving lane balance
6. Achieve performance expectations with respect to call volumes handled and quotes tendered
7. Provide timely information to leadership on competitive activity, service improvement, rate changes, industry needs and process improvement
8. Research and assist in developing programs targeting profitable customer segments and industries for market penetration
9. Remain current with marketplace freight trends, communicating back logs and excess capacity lanes with Transportation
10. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
11. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High school diploma or equivalent plus three (3) years of office, customer service and/or sales with one (1) year of experience focused in transportation/logistic, warehouse/distribution or operations experience
• Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations and hazardous materials regulations
• Knowledge of dispatch or volume solutions, preferred
• Knowledge of freight-flow and freight movement cycles, preferred
• Good interpersonal, time management and organizational skills with attention to detail and multi-tasked oriented
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to handle high levels of stress
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.