Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Analyst-Operations Research (Data Analysis)
Requisition ID: 25892-298919
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Responsible for formulating and applying sophisticated modeling and other advanced analytic methods using a computer to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions; Concentrate on collecting, cleansing and analyzing data, developing decision support software and producing actionable information for decision making
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Identify business opportunities or expand ideas obtained from management in order to conceptualize and define and model operational problems to assess feasibility and impact
2. Identify performance improvement opportunities via data analysis and develop decision support tools to ensure most cost conscience, efficient use of company resources that supports service objectives
3. Develop concepts into business plans utilizing appropriate research techniques, methodologies, and experience and present them to senior management with recommendation for implementation
4. Develop and implement data collection systems from primary and secondary sources and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
5. Identify, analyze, interpret and visualize trends or patterns in complex data sets
6. Evaluate alternative systems or transportation networks employing financial, computer, geographic or operational models as appropriate
7. Research cutting edge technologies in support of the “best practices” in any transportation or network related question
8. Provide project support or individually design and develop models for testing, validation and evaluation of strategic proposals
9. Utilize multi-media presentations and formal reports for presenting analyses to senior management
10. Coordinate personnel involved in project administratively and technically
11. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations as well as company policies/procedures
12. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Engineering/Science or related analytical discipline or Bachelor's Degree (aforementioned disciplines) with 2 years’ experience
• Three (3) years’ experience in operations research, engineering, statistics, forecasting, or data analysis
• Programming skills and ability to learn new languages, including but not limited to: JAVA, SQL, SAS
• Knowledge of relational database systems Oracle, DB2 and Terradata
• Knowledge of big data implementations (hadoop), preferred
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, E-mail) with experience using statistical software and reporting interfaces, data mining tools, machine learning techniques and data visualization
• Analytical, problem solving, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Good presentation, verbal and written communication skills
• Hours may vary due to operational need
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.