Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analyst-Operations Research (Data Analysis)
Requisition ID: 25892-298921
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Entry-level analyst position responsible for formulating and applying sophisticated modeling and other optimizing methods using a computer to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions; Concentrate on collecting and analyzing data and developing decision support software
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES:
1. Identify business opportunities or expand ideas obtained from management in order to conceptualize and define and model operational problems to assess feasibility and impact
2. Identify performance improvement opportunities via data analysis and develop decision support tools to ensure most cost conscience, efficient use of company resources that supports service objectives
3. Develop concepts into business plans utilizing appropriate research techniques, methodologies, and experience and present them to senior management with recommendation for implementation
4. Perform extensive analysis of the problem, model, and resources available and alternative solutions
5. Support the evaluation of alternative systems or transportation networks employing financial, computer, geographic or operational models as appropriate
6. Assist with the preparation of decision analysis and reports for presentation to senior management
7. Research cutting edge technologies in support of the “best practices” in any transportation or network related question
8. Support model design and development via testing, validation, and evaluation of strategic proposals
9. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations as well as company policies/procedures
10. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Engineering/Science or related analytical discipline
• Basic programming skills and ability to learn new languages, including but not limited to: Visual Basic, JAVA. SQL, SAS
• Basic knowledge of relational database systems Oracle, DB2, Terradata
• Good computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) with a preference for capabilities with statistical software and reporting interfaces such as SAS, Minitab
• Analytical, problem solving, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, management, senior leadership, etc)
• Travel required
• Hours may vary due to operational need
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.