Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 25892-299083
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
To develop leading edge computer-based modeling/decision support systems to solve broad business issues and/or opportunities provided or proactively discovered, policy formulation, and other managerial functions. Concentrate on collecting and analyzing data and developing decision support software.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Select, train, develop and motivate a staff of analysts/advisors
2. Direct the design and development of automated optimization and rule-based models as part of the business model
3. Direct the design and development of computer models to test various alternative solutions to issues and/or opportunities
4. Develop leading edge solutions to critical business issues
5. Direct the development of system architecture (software and hardware) for the business models
6. Maintain current knowledge of state-of-the-art modeling techniques
7. Support the development and integration of leading edge decision support tools into short and long-range line haul planning functions
8. Acquire in-depth understanding of FedEx Freight business processes
9. Research cutting edge technologies in support of the “best practices” in any transportation or network related question
10. Direct the design and implementation of new modeling methods, which impact company’s strategic objectives
11. Work closely with peers and other cross-functional areas to identify process improvements in the short-term and long-term planning process
12. Utilize multi-media presentations and formal reports for presenting analyses to senior management
13. Coordinate personnel involved in project administratively and technically
14. Provide technical assistance and mentoring to other operations research professionals
15. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
16. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Engineering/Science or related analytical discipline or Bachelor's Degree (aforementioned disciplines) with two (2) years’ experience plus five (5) years professional experience in operations research, engineering, statistics, forecasting, or quantitative business
• Intermediate programming skills and ability to learn new languages, including but not limited to: Visual Basic, JAVA. SQL, SAS
• Intermediate knowledge of relational database systems Oracle, DB2,Terradata
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) with a preference for capabilities with statistical software and reporting interfaces such as SAS, Minitab
• Ability to conceptualize and develop new analytical concepts and methodologies
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions
• Excellent leadership, time management, organizational, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Ability to influence others and effectively delegate tasks
• Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
• Solid understanding of business operations and the ability to understand users’ needs
• Ability to understand and incorporate complex data and statistics into strategic and innovative planning
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.