Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 25892-301383
Address Line 1: 1715 Aaron Brenner Dr
Zip Code: 38120
Position Status: Full-Time
Responsible for internal and/or external communications including but not limited to the management of executive communications, creating strategic communications/program management plans and researching industry trends. Coordinate communications efforts for FedEx Freight in conjunction with other FedEx Communications departments and other functional areas throughout the FedEx Enterprise.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop a communications platform for executives; create content to support executive needs, such as talking points, presentations, speeches, video scripts, internal email communications, etc.
2. Write articles and video scripts for communications vehicles as identified
3. Develop press releases at the direction of department leadership
4. Proofread, edit and ensure communications are approved at all levels prior to execution
5. Coordinate issuing communications and press releases to various audiences
6. Maintain editorial calendars for trade publications
7. Monitor, report and analyze media coverage on an on-going basis surrounding specific issues; manage media interviews
8. Ensure project records are maintained and adhere to production schedules and guidelines
9. Ensure consistent quality; serve on committees and task forces as appropriate
10. Handle issues in crisis communications; handle media inquiries
11. Assist with developing public relations strategy and planning, and provide strategic communications counsel
12. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
13. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, English or related field plus five (5) years’ agency/in house public relations or communications experience; related Master’s Degree preferred
• Experience in a corporate environment preferred
• Relationship management experience with external agencies, vendors, clients or business partners preferred
• Communications planning and communications project management experience
• Excellent organizational, creative and human relations skills
• Proven communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of SharePoint, intranet, and major social platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) preferred
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
• Corporate event planning experience preferred
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Depending on internal or external communications focus, other knowledge, skills and experience may be required
• Must be able to travel
• Hours may vary due to operational need
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.