Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Asst Mgr-Service Center
Requisition ID: 25892-303842
Address Line 1: 301 Clay Rd
Zip Code: 75182
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: various
Support the service center manager in leading employees in all service center functions. Ensure customer satisfaction by timely, proper handling of shipments and apply all applicable administrative support responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Establish and maintain effective working relationships involving communication
2. Ensure that daily pre-shift meetings take place with all employees every day
3. Assist service center manager in communicating and aligning the service center’s culture and operating plan with FedEx Freight’s vision and mission promoting organizational change
4. Lead employees in knowledge and skill development; monitor all education activity and mentor involvement
5. Convey clear expectations and hold people accountable for achieving goals, apply applicable corrective action when necessary to redirect employees
6. Responsible for the clean and safe working condition of the facility and equipment
7. Establish and maintain a center safety committee and support their activities
8. Ensure all security measures are taken to protect employees, freight, equipment, and the facility
9. Routinely communicate with sales to ensure operations/sales alignment and that customer’s needs are met
10. Continually review center’s shipment volume, dock layout, pickup and delivery routes, staffing plan, equipment utilization, and other processes to ensure optimal effectiveness and efficiency while meeting customer’s needs
11. Work with the service center manager to lead employees in maintaining all service center processes as outlined in operations procedures to ensure all shipments stay within the designated operating cycle
12. Lead employees in proper freight handling practices, including all claims prevention, hazardous materials, over-short-damage, freight analysis requirements and use of tools and equipment
13. Review and monitor all production and efficiency measurements as reported in various measurement formats
14. Search for ways to improve by communicating with and involving service center employees
15. Manage and maintain physical assets, supplies, and vendors; working closely with fleet maintenance employees if applicable
16. Review invoices, controllable cost report, and any other financial statements to measure business performance against budget and reduce costs when possible
17. Work with general office and regional support positions to ensure consistency and compliance in all service center task requirements and expectations
18. Communicate routinely with service center manager to ensure alignment in leadership direction and guidance
19. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
20. Perform other duties as required
DISCLAIMER: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
• Must possess one year’s experience in the transportation industry in an operations leadership role or related position
• Must be able to travel as needed
• Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
• Strong communication skills (written, oral, and visual)
• Thorough knowledge of LTL Industry, DOT Rules and Regulations, OSHA Laws, hazardous materials regulations, NMFC and tariff rules, and company policies and procedures preferred
• Able to work in a remote location, taking self initiative without requiring immediate local supervision
• Must be multi-tasked oriented and possess good organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Internet
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.