Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Specialist I–Facility Design
Requisition ID: 25892-303975
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: 40 hrs per week
Coordinate project scheduling and production of electronic AutoCAD construction documents between Facility Design Department and its consulting engineers from the preliminary schematic phase through final development of full set of working drawings. Provide administration support for projects currently under construction.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Perform AutoCAD production drawings under direct supervision of management
2. Develop schematic building and site plans to meet service center operational needs
3. Convert building concept design sketches into auto-cad digital format drawings
4. Schedule final printing of contract documents and distribution to bidders
5. Coordinate delivery of contract documents to contractors during pre-bid and post-bid
6. Review construction plans and specifications to verify compliance with Facility Design & Construction (FD&C) design requirements
7. Ensure facility designs meet building codes & handicapped accessibility standards
8. Understand construction methods and economy of architecture to produce cost effective designs
9. Coordinate plans and specifications with project architects, engineers and consultants
10. Travel to sites under construction for project management observation in order to verify work in-place as meeting FD&C design requirements and construction documents
11. Assist management in development of addendums and change orders to construction bid documents
12. Assist management in responding to City Code Review Comments during city plan review phase
13. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
14. Perform other assignments (or duties) as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience plus three (3) years’ experience in AutoCAD
• Experience in an Architect’s office, preferred
• Experience coordinating work with Engineering Consultants, preferred
• Proficient in recent version of AutoCAD, preferred
• Proficient in REVIT, preferred
• Good technical knowledge of construction methods and development of construction documents
• Familiar with construction materials and efficient architectural design
• Good organizational, interpersonal and time management skills with ability to handle multiple projects
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photo Editor and Outlook
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Able to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able to lift rolls of plotter bond paper and production drawings up to 25 lbs in weight
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.