Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 25892-304030
Address Line 1: 2901 West 7th Street
City: Sioux Falls
State: South Dakota
Zip Code: 57104
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: vary
Pick up and deliver trailers between Service Centers and/or turn-point locations via tractor-trailer combinations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Operate tractor-trailer combination, including doubles (and triples, where applicable)
2. Perform daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment
3. Hook/unhook trailers and converter dollies to/from a tractor and/or trailer
4. Verify and complete required documentation and reports
5. Maintain accurate daily logs
6. Comply with hazardous material regulations and procedures
7. Follow dispatch instructions and communicate with dispatch (e.g. delays, arrivals, equipment problems), as required
8. Demonstrate internal and external customer service
9. May be required to perform chaining of vehicle tires
10. May be required to perform job duties of a city driver or a dock employee where operationally necessary
11. Load and unload freight as required
12. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
13. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Must possess a class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with double/triple, hazardous materials and tank endorsements
• Must possess 1 year experience within most recent 3 years, or successful completion of FedEx Freight Driver Development Course
• Must have acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards
• Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements under section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) regulations
• Long combination vehicles (LCV) (i.e. Triple Trailers, Rocky Mountain Doubles, and Turnpike Doubles) are operated in the states of AZ, CO, FL, ID, IN, KS, MT, ND, NV, OH, OK, OR, SD and UT. LCV Drivers in these states must meet the Long Combination Vehicles (LCV) Qualification and Certification Minimum Standards
• Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
• Ability to hook-up and break-down sets of trailers that require an average lift force of about 100 pounds, several times a day or more.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, twist, squat, climb in and out of truck
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
Division Category: Courier/Tractor-Trailer Driver
• Drive long distances day and night on all types of roads and in all types of weather
• Exposure to noise and vibration
• Exposure to dust and diesel fumes
• Exposure to hazardous materials shipped and packaged under DOT regulations
• Hours may vary due to operational need
• Overnight stays may be required for some schedules
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.