Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Team Leader Part-Time
Requisition ID: 25892-304081
Address Line 1: 7779 Arbor Drive
Zip Code: 43619
Position Status: Part-Time
Work Hours: Varies
Coordinate and perform duties of operations personnel to ensure movement of shipments on time and damage free while demonstrating safe work procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Coordinate and perform duties of assigned team
2. Coordinate the loading/unloading of trucks in a safe efficient manner
3. Under guidance of management, coordinate work tasks for assigned team and ensure manpower is available to perform required work
4. Ensure efficient and safe operation of material handling equipment
5. Ensure established policies, procedures and job methods are followed
6. Provide on-the-job training to team members
7. Conduct pre-shift meeting in absence of supervisor
8. Provide input to management regarding employee development and/or conduct issues
9. Give and receive feedback; ask questions and seek direction, as required
10. Keep management informed regarding employee job methods and productivity
11. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
12. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Six (6) months of FedEx Freight operations experience preferred
• Experience leading, coaching or mentoring others preferred
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Good decision making and problem solving skills
• Ability to prioritize assignments and make quick decisions with available information
• Excellent cooperative and collaborative skills to effectively work within a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels and from various backgrounds
• Basic knowledge of operations systems and Outlook
• Ability to lift / carry hand freight of varying weights several times a week, lift dock plates weighing approximately 100 pounds and to open trailer doors requiring approximately 75 pounds of lift force up to several times per day
• Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
• Ability to read material such as signs, labels, and shipping documents
• Required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, bend twist and squat
• Duties of the job are performed in both an office and dock environment; exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
• May require extended hours in order to meet operational needs
• Must be able to work different shifts and/or weekends
• Fast-paced, deadline oriented
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.