Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Purchased Transportation Advis
Requisition ID: 25892-304173
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: Variable Shifts
Responsible for qualifying and managing carriers for participation in the FedEx Freight Purchased Transportation program by providing a supportive network for our Operations team that reduces cost through increased efficiencies working collaboratively across functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Recruit, qualify and analyze competitively priced providers for participation in Purchased Transportation (PT) program analyzing service costs, insurance ratings and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements
2. Manage relationships with carriers to ensure performance expectations and execution are met
3. Analyze costs, contracts and negotiate carrier rates in selection of (PT) participants to achieve optimal value
4. Identify issues through cross functional root analysis to form corrective action plans and set expectations for carrier improvement
5. Implement contingency plans for service recovery
6. Work directly with carriers to resolve all invoice issues involving rate disagreements
7. Search for synergy opportunities between inbound and outbound Transportation through analysis of Transportation network for service and cost improvements
8. Coordinate with Operations regarding carrier needs, set-up and implementation
9. Review (PT) carrier performance daily and communicate with all (PT) participants as needed
10. Support transportation operations by providing (PT) carrier coverage / implementations and through guidance / education as needed
11. Create, update and maintain (PT) carrier profiles in internal operating systems
12. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
13. Perform other assignments (or duties) as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Two (2) years of college or equivalent work experience plus five (5) years of experience in operations, logistics/transportation or distribution/warehouse or a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience plus three (3) years of experience in operations, logistics/transportation or distribution/warehouse
• Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) and hazardous materials regulations
• Knowledge and understanding of linehaul and hub systems, freight movement, lane movement, and bids process,
• Good negotiation, problem solving, analytic, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Able to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Must be able to travel
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.