Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 25892-304631
Address Line 1: 7306 N Baker Rd
Zip Code: 46737
Position Status: Full-Time
Participate in a pre-determined program designed to obtain a functional/workable understanding of company objectives and initiatives focused on service center operations
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Participate in a management training program learning how to lead team members at a service center and how to effectively collaborate and communicate with external and internal customers that impact operations
2. Complete learning objectives within required timeframe
3. Observe and learn the interviewing, selection, training and process of supervising employees responsible for loading, unloading and processing customer shipments with a focus on claims prevention and safety
4. Learn the process of coaching and evaluating employee performance and monitoring, assessing and influencing operational performance
5. Observe management in developing personnel schedules and determining equipment/supply needs to achieve set goals
6. Take part in necessary tours to learn in-bound and out-bound routes
7. Observe management in analyzing opportunities to reduce cost, budget preparations, conducting pre-shift meeting and coaching/training of employees to improve operational efficiency
8. Review and learn safety and security protocol in accordance with policies and procedures, OSHA, DOT, and other applicable guidelines
9. Gain specific level of knowledge of processes that post results; gain ability to discuss the intent of reports and/or the control measures that make up the reports
10. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
11. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Must possess high school diploma or equivalent
• Basic written and strong verbal communication skills
• Basic industry knowledge preferred
• Multi-tasked oriented and possess good organizational skills
• Basic computer skills
• Able to successfully complete all required training
• Work location and hours may vary due to operational need
• Dock environment; exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
• Required to walk or otherwise safely navigate and to be accessible to all areas of the dock, office and yard
• Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-paced, deadline oriented
• Depending on operational requirement, relocation, which will be company assisted, may be required
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.