Real Estate Service Specialist
Requisition ID: 25892-308272
Address Line 1: 1479 Town Center Drive
Zip Code: 33803
Position Status: Full-Time
Administration of real estate assets with the goal of maintaining operating efficiency; to provide value for customers and generate superior financial performance
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES:
1. Manage Lease expirations, renewals and/or extensions. Collaborate with Operations Engineering to define respective terms and effectively negotiate terms of these agreements.
2. Capture and maintain real estate related data within database for all owned and leased real estate. Ensure accuracy and integrity of data for each Lease or Owned property. Maintain Market specific comparables and valuations.
3. Verify monthly rental payments toaccounts payable for leased properties, to include capturing monthly rental payments.
4. Initiate capital and/or lease expenditure authorization as required for lease and real estate related transactions.
5. Initiate and monitor approval of all Contract or other Lease related documents with Legal and Finance.
6. Communicate transaction specific information of real estate transactions via accounting notice or lease execution notice to all appropriate parties
7. Correspond with Landlords, Developers and Tenants on any Lease related issues within specific region of responsibility defined geographically.
8. Obtain Appraisals and/or Broker's Opinion of Value as requested for respective transactions.
9. Coordinate the issuance of insurance coverage and certificates; payment of real estate related invoices; payment of real estate taxes. Manage site-specific requests such as Easements, Public Hearing/Special Meetings, Condemnation, etc.
10. Coordinate the expansion of existing leased or owned facilities. Administer land or real estate purchases for the creation or expansion of owned facilities or the sale or lease of Surplus Property. Lead Build-to-suit Lease projects for new service centers.
11. Create and maintain all leased, purchased, sold, surplus and subleased files for Freight including Canada and Mexico properties. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
12. Perform other assignments (or duties) as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelors degree or four (4) years directly related work experience
• One year of real estate experience with knowledge of contracts and leases; corporate real estate experience preferred.
• Strong negotiating and analytical skills
• Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to take initiative
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software including but not limited to: Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
• Good verbal and written communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc)
• Able to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Must be able to travel
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.