Staff Atty-Regulatory Affairs
Requisition ID: 25892-311760
Address Line 1: 1715 Aaron Brenner Drive
Zip Code: 38120
Position Status: Full-Time
Provide legal counsel, review and direction to the Company to ensure effective operation in compliance with federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to environmental matters. Manage department projects at assigned location(s).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide legal counsel, advice, review, and direction to various departments and members of management on all levels in regards to regulatory affairs and environmental issues
2. Ensure company compliance with all applicable federal, state and local commercial regulations and ensure that all legal obligations of the company are properly recognized and carried out
3. Stay abreast of existing and new regulations and review, analyze and provide comments to Notices of Proposed Rulemakings
4. Interface with applicable governmental agencies and handle all regulatory charges, claims, investigations, settlements and other legal proceedings
5. Engage, manage, direct and evaluate the work of outside counsel and consultants as necessary to ensure proper and efficient handling of legal matters
6. Draft, review and update policies & procedures in areas of responsibility. Assist Internal Audit in the review of relevant policies and procedures and recommend, develop and implement appropriate changes to address concerns
7. Provide legal counsel and advice in areas of responsibility with respect to strategic programs and initiatives, and coordinate with Legal Departments and appropriate personnel of other FedEx operating companies, as necessary
8. Assist in designing and delivering education to employees relating to legal issues
9. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
10. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Juris Doctorate Degree from an American Bar Association (ABA) accredited law school and a license to practice law in respective state plus a minimum of three (3) years’ experience and demonstrated competence as an attorney
• Member in good standing of the Tennessee bar or eligible to obtain a license to practice in Tennessee
• Expertise in regulatory and environmental matters preferred
• In-depth knowledge of substantive legal area of expertise
• Excellent research, negotiation and human relations skills
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.