Requisition ID: 25892-311999
Address Line 1: Open
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: Vary
Will be domiciled in the IN District
Provide expertise and support to Road Drivers as an integral member of the operations team. Responsible for the delivery of a wide range of services to include education, coordination and analysis needed to ensure safe and timely movement of shipments.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Build positive relationships with Road Drivers by performing driver rides, scheduling regular meetings, listening to and analyzing concerns and providing explanations and/or solutions
2. Educate, develop and motivate Road Drivers in collaboration with applicable local operations
3. Responsible for the development and targeted implementation of employee survey action plans; promote proactive and positive employee relation practices to drive consistent improvement in Road Driver engagement level
4. Assess and coach Road Drivers’ performance to ensure accountability for improvement in accordance with applicable policies and procedures in collaboration with applicable local operations
5. Counsel with and provide guidance to employees regarding their actions and practices to ensure compliance of company policies, rules and all applicable state and federal regulations/laws
6. Analyze and coordinate the bid process, vacation bidding and transfers in collaboration with Linehaul Planning & Freight Flow and Human Resources
7. Facilitate new hire orientation, specifically including use of technology required (e.g. dock and forklift computers, handheld device, etc.) in collaboration with applicable local operations
8. Collaborate with People Development to ensure necessary educational tools are available and utilized
9. Collaborate with Safety, Human Resources, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Security with matters related to Road Driver personnel
10. Analyze and develop routes and bids.
11. Analyze and determine in close coordination with Service Center leadership to ensure appropriate staffing levels
12. Support events such as state and national truck driving championships
13. Support new and reassigned equipment education, safety and feedback
14. Perform other duties as required.
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience, as well as five (5) years’ operations, transportation/logistics or warehouse/distribution experience
• Prior LTL experience preferred
• Leadership experience working with CDL drivers preferred
• Driver training experience preferred
• CDL driving experience preferred
• Must be able to perform multiple tasks while positively motivating, coaching and communicating clear information (e.g., instructions, policies, procedures) to others
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of technology required for the Road Driver position, e.g., timekeeping, on-road productivity system, etc.
• Thorough knowledge of DOT Rules and Regulations, OSHA and Hazardous Materials Regulations
• Must possess excellent organizational skills
• Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
• Work in a non-climate controlled dock environment
• Exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
• Must be able to travel as needed
• Required to walk or otherwise safely navigate and to be accessible to all areas of the dock, office, tractors, trailers and yard
• Work schedules may vary due to operational need up to and including weekend and night schedules
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.