Real Estate Service Specialist
Requisition ID: 25892-316541
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: 8-5
Administer real estate assets with the goal of maintaining operating efficiency, insuring data integrity and lease compliance as well as provide cost-effective facilities to support FedEx Freight current and future operational needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitor Lease expirations, renewals and/or extensions.
2. Investigate and evaluate real estate alternatives to meet the company’s facility capacity needs and operational requirements.
3. Coordinate the expansion of existing leased or owned facilities including the acquisition of land or other related real estate.
4. Monitor Surplus property and coordinate disposition as appropriate.
5. Capture and maintain real estate related data within data management system for all owned and leased real estate, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data for each location.
6. Ensure payment of rent or other real estate related costs for leased facilities.
7. Evaluate request for reimbursement of real estate related expenses including taxes, insurance, CAM or other related invoices ensuring accuracy and lease compliance. Investigate discrepancies and make appropriate recommendations.
8. Collaborate on the initiation of capital and/or lease expenditure authorization requests (CLEAR) as required for real estate related transactions.
9. Coordinate and monitor the review and approval of all Leases or other real estate related legal documents.
10. Manage client, vendor and landlord relationships as it relates to real estate assets.
11. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
12. Perform other assignments (or duties) as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business, Marketing or related discipline or equivalent work experience plus two (2) years of commercial or industrial real estate experience
• Knowledge of contracts and leases preferred
• Strong negotiation and analytical skills
• Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to take initiative
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software including but not limited to: Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
• Good verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels throughout the organization
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Must be able to travel
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.