Sr Analyst-Liability Claims
Requisition ID: 25892-318421
Address Line 1: 333 Lemon Street
Zip Code: 33801
Position Status: Full-Time
Pursuant to applicable laws, responsible for administration of moderately complex litigated and non-litigated automobile liability and general liability claims. Evaluate the exposure to the company associated with those claims and decide the appropriate course of action to best protect the company from undue loss and to mitigate associated costs. Provide guidance to outside defense counsel, internal customers and coworkers, and to support management.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Manage and control the administration of bodily injury and property damage liability claims of moderate complexity and/or moderate exposure and subrogation/recovery claims for damages to FedEx Freight property and vehicles against responsible third parties in assigned jurisdictions.
2. Investigate, identify and evaluate coverage, liability and damages; establish proper financial reserves on assigned claims, reporting to management when required; and identify and evaluate subrogation and recovery rights and sources, pursuing recovery when appropriate.
3. Negotiate and resolve assigned claims and litigation consistent with applicable law and corporate policy with settlement authority up to $150,000 or with additional authority secured from management.
4. Responsible for oversight of select litigated claims; provide assistance to outside defense attorneys on assigned claims, respond on behalf of the company to discovery requests.
5. Report to excess insurance carriers as necessary on assigned claims in order to meet contractual reporting obligations under our insurance policies.
6. Provide guidance and support to managers, employees, third party administrators, and other internal and external customers with respect to liability claims procedures, accident reporting, accident report deletion requests, claims handling, and data integrity issues in assigned jurisdictions.
7. Investigate, summarize and respond to inquiries and complaints received by leadership.
8. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures.
9. Perform other duties as required.
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience plus three (3) years’ experience adjusting automobile liability/general liability property damage and bodily injury claims of moderate exposure and complexity on a regional or national level including responsibility for reserving and payment accuracy
• Experience in negotiation, and resolution of subrogation/recovery claims
• Experience in negotiation and resolution of litigated claims
• Strong knowledge of third party liability claims, contract, tort, damages, agency, subrogation, contribution/indemnity and other applicable related law, as well as related terminology, concepts and practices
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and effectively manage changing priorities
• Knowledge of medical terminology and procedure with successful completion of medical terminology course(s) preferred
• Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
• Professional designation in claims and/or insurance preferred
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must be able to travel
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.