Requisition ID: 25892-322538
Address Line 1: Open
Position Status: Full-Time
Serve as FedEx Freight project construction consultant for contractors and developers to ensure adherence to company construction standards. Facilitate meetings with contractors and developers performing work on owned or lease facilities to review drawings, submittals, shop drawings and any other information related to the construction process for standard compliance. Communicate and coordinate information with various departments within FedEx Freight and / or contractors and developers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Serve as FedEx Freight representative for facility construction projects working with developers, contractors, architects, engineers, etc.
2. Manage project to completion within assigned time lines of contract or lease agreement
3. Develop timeline and cost projections for assigned projects
4. Review developer drawings and plans to ensure compliance with standards and annotate items found not to be incompliance
5. Review request for payment to ensure compliance with progress before approving for payment
6. Provide guidance to developers and or contractors to ensure minimal disruption to FedEx Freight operations during expansion process of existing facilities
7. Monitor project progress and provide status reports on a regular basis
8. Provide progress information to internal members of the FedEx Freight team by Construction in Progress (CIP) Reports, through updates to data base files and phone conference meeting etc
9. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
10. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years directly related work experience
• Five (5) years Construction project management experience
• Thorough understanding of architectural, engineering, Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC), electrical, and civil drawings
• Comprehensive knowledge of building plans, surveys, and the building trades
• Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to change in methods or processes
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Able to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
• Must be able to travel
• May require some international travel
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.