Sr Advisor-Field Engr Projects
Requisition ID: 25892-322646
Address Line 1: 1715 Aaron Brenner Dr
Zip Code: 38120
Position Status: Full-Time
Plan, organize and coordinate strategic planning and engineering initiatives and provide guidance through the application of process management, Quality Driven Management (QDM) principles, and analytical techniques. Lead department and cross functional projects with responsibility for analysis of all operational cost areas and coordination of action plans for improvement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES:
1. Manage development of ad hoc reports. Analyze performance data for corporate initiatives and long range planning and create custom data solutions for FXF Operations
2. Lead strategic process improvement projects and collaborate on new technology solutions for Operations
3. Lead efforts to provide short and long term operating plans in the area of properties, equipment and staffing plans
4. Research and analyze technical or engineering related information, review trends in performance and work with Operations management to develop solutions on areas of opportunities
5. Lead development of (P&D) route structure and staffing plans, dock staffing and layout plans, and administrative functions
6. Develop and track Operational Process Improvement Requests using QDM principles
7. Prepare accurate expenditure proposals and/or cost justification analysis. Assist with developing project budgets
8. Applies project management fundamentals and concepts for multiple concurrent projects. Creates and publishes progress reports, meeting minutes, field communication memos, and presentations for management review.
9. Complies with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
10. Performs other assignments (or duties) as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Transportation or related field or equivalent work experience plus seven (7) years’ experience in applied engineering concepts and technology in Less Than Truckload (LTL) transportation industry in which three (3) of those years must be in an operations leadership capacity
• Knowledge of equipment and properties resource planning
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to travel, required
• Hours may vary due to operational need
• Exposure to dust, noise, fumes and extreme hot and cold weather changes
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.