Requisition ID: 25892-322786
Address Line 1: Open
Position Status: Full-Time
This position will be located in either Harrison, AR or Memphis, TN.
Plan, organize, direct and control facility design, construction, maintenance, strategic planning, and capital improvements to help all FedEx Freight companies achieve operational objectives in a safe and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Recruit, select, develop, evaluate and motivate a knowledgeable staff that is technically competent and committed to teamwork across functional lines
2. Ensure facilities are inspected and maintained to company standards
3. Oversee facility design improvements to maximize safety and operational efficiency while reducing cost
4. Manage allocation of corporate office space and plan for future needs
5. Direct strategic planning and execution of construction projects
6. Oversee tools and methods to assess short- and long-term facility capacity needs and analyze financial impacts
7. Direct Facilities Planning team and coordinate with Real Estate team in all aspects of capital and lease expenditures, including capital forecasting, preparation and tracking of financial approval documents
8. Oversee development and communication of facility policies and procedures
9. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
10. Performs other assignments (or duties) as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience plus ten (10) years’ experience in facility administration or related field in which five (5) of those years must be in a management capacity
• In-depth knowledge of industrial facilities and transportation operations
• Familiarity with all aspects of facility design, construction and maintenance
• Experience with facility capacity forecasting and modeling, preferred
• Proven experience managing employee engagement and leadership development
• Experience in systems design / project control, including experience in project management
• Thorough understanding of building codes and ordinances
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel) and the ability to learn other job related operating systems
• Strong leadership, analytical, problem solving, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiating skills
• Travel required
• Exposure to dust, noise, fumes and extreme hot and cold weather changes
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.