Requisition ID: 25892-328504
Address Line 1: 1475 Boettler Road
Zip Code: 44685
Position Status: Full-Time
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of a team of employees involved in processing documents for the movement of freight across international borders, off shore, containers and associated regulatory required documents. May be involved in problem resolution and negotiation between brokers, regulatory agencies and customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervise daily activities of team to achieve the volume expected to meet operational requirements
2. Coach and mentor team members and assign tasks to ensure that the team's resources are used effectively meeting targets
3. Monitor actual performance data and gather information for reporting
4. Respond to more complex, escalated inquiries from team members
5. Consults with both internal and external customers, including legal counsel, foreign order administration, customs officials, and freight companies, to ensure compliance with governmental requirements.
6. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
7. Perform other assignments (or duties) as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent work experience plus two (2) years’ International/Offshore or related experience required
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent research, problem solving and negotiating skills
• Must be self-motivated and able to make independent decisions
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Strong knowledge of the transportation industry
• Bilingual communication skills a plus (English – French or English - Spanish preferred)
• Flexibility to cover varying shifts when required
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Some travel required
• Hours may vary due to operational needs
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.