Address Line 1: 1715 Aaron Brenner Dr
Zip Code: 38120
Position Status: Full-Time
Ensure the efficient movement and clearance of Import/Export freight in compliance with established regulations and procedures for international freight. Provide training and technical expertise to International Reps. Updates operating procedures and takes proactive measures to reduce potential liability. Work with custom brokers as the “carrier” expert in international transportation.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Provide technical expertise applicable to movement and clearance of international shipments. Develop and implement new methods and procedures to enhance regulatory compliance and increase the quality of information provided to regulatory agencies
2. Provides training and technical support to Int'l Reps and serve as a resource in the resolution of complex problems and issues to ensure proper processing of documentation associated with international shipments
3. Proactively work with customers communicating potential delays in shipment and provide solution to prevent future delays transit due to paperwork or clearance issues
4. Evaluate shippers documents for compliance with US government regulations and country of import requirements
5. Communicate with customs brokers regarding questions on paperwork or following up on clearance delays, which will include distribution of documents electronically to appropriate customs broker
6. Provide expert level international customer support including functions such as guidance on documentation and answering high level and/or more complex questions from external/internal customers and employees
7. Conduct research and action planning to assist in the reduction of overages and shortages as it relates to the handling of international shipments which affect fines and penalties.
8. Work with other operating companies to maximize business opportunities
9. Enter data that documents shipment history, event activity, and missing documentation
10. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
11. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
• Two (2) years’ experience in international transportation, freight forwarding or customs clearance
• Thorough knowledge of international operations, FedEx International operations preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bilingual (English-French) preferred
• Strong skills using Outlook or another email program
• Strong Excel skills including (creating spreadsheets, manipulating data by sorting, filtering, using formulas and pivot tables)
• Typing/data entry skills
• Excellent research, problem solving and negotiating skills
• Must be well organized and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced team environment
• Must be self-motivated with a high level of initiative and able to make independent decisions
• Complete required training and assist others in completing training
• Able to work independently and as a team member
• Shifts may vary based on operational needDivision Category: Administrative
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.