Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Lead the design, development and implementation of supporting back-office financial systems in support of Finance and the FedEx enterprise.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serve as technical expert for applications, interfaces and systems support related to financial functions; research and resolve financial systems related technology issues
2. Develop and implement new system functionality and applications for implementation including but not limited to multidimensional databases, web technologies and scripting languages
3. Develop project plans and lead teams guiding technical research and documentation of business requirements in the review of existing and proposed applications for the organization’s financial systems and databases
4. Communicate and coordinate with all levels of leadership and business partners, including across operating companies, providing guidance regarding development, support requests and technical advice
5. Lead, create and complete necessary testing and documentation for new features, upgrades and conversions
6. Create business process models for financial systems procedures utilizing Quality Driven Management (QDM) fundamentals
7. Compile, analyze and evaluate data from multiple financial and operational systems and act as the representative of the Finance organization, presenting analyses, conclusions and recommendations to Sr. leadership
8. Monitor the effectiveness of system controls, identifies process improvement and communicates recommendations
9. Use, develop and maintain processes, information systems and software
10. Ensure compliance with the information security policy and standards for all financial applications
11. Mentor and coach less senior staff
12. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
13. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in finance, accounting, management information systems or other related discipline plus seven (7) years’ experience with enterprise resource planning or other related financial systems (Hyperion Planning / Essbase preferred).
• Advanced understanding and knowledge of accounting, financial consolidations and financial systems
• Strong computer skills and understanding of relational database concepts
• Must be detailed oriented with the ability to identify problems, gather relevant information to determine root causes and identify data integrity issues
• Outstanding analytical skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Solid planning and project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and/or financial support systems
• Able to independently represent the Finance function within project groups
• Ability to work well in a team environment and communicate across different levels of the organization
• Hours may vary due to operational need
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.