Address Line 1: 174 FedEx Drive
City: Pocono Summit
Zip Code: 18346
Position Status: Full-Time
Under general direction, plan, organize, control and regularly review organization processes/operations to ensure the achievement of day-to-day and longer-term goals with respect to quality operations, risk mitigation and policies and procedure compliance. Provide guidance and support to Service Centers, Districts and Regions as assigned in relation to policy and procedures in critical risk functions. Perform Service Center assessments, develop best in class analysis resulting in quality improvements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop, maintain and ensure compliance with procedures and metrics that impact quality throughout the organization. Perform complex quality analyses and inspections, monitor the effectiveness of various processes through use of data and internal programs.
2. Promote, educate, guide, and monitor the adoption of quality processes with all levels of employees
3. Develop and provide quality and risk mitigation education to Service Center personnel while at Service Center; including but not limited to education relating to job duties and proper ways to perform job functions in accordance with company policy and procedures
4. Assist in quality related activities that add strategic value to the corporation including process and procedural development activities, continuous improvement actions and process mapping and streamlining
5. Contribute to the development and adoption of best practices across FXF operations
6. Develop positive relationships with all employees in the area of risk mitigation, compliance expectations
7. Communicate expectations in regard to quality efforts, performance, compliance and risk mitigation effectively
8. Utilize all the communication channels to develop and deliver effective communications including pre-shifts, meetings and daily interactions
9. Travel to and perform Service Center assessments as assigned
10. Reviews quarterly Service Center Self-Assessment documentation for completeness and accuracy; reports findings of review to management
11. Participate in various ad-hoc projects
12. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
13. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree/Equivalency in transportation, logistics, business or related field plus three (3) years’ work experience one (1) of which must be in a leadership capacity
• Must possess thorough understanding of the Less Than Truckload (LTL) industry and Service Center Operations
• Thorough knowledge of company policies and procedures
• Good time management, organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent leadership skills with completed QDM coach status
• Able to work without management present and take initiative without immediate local supervision
• Position requires extensive and frequent travel
• Hours may vary due to operational/travel need
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.