Address Line 1: 1715 Aaron Brenner Dr
Zip Code: 38120
Position Status: Full-Time
Administer real estate assets with the goal of maintaining operating efficiency, insuring data integrity and lease compliance as well as provide cost-effective facilities to support FedEx Freight current and future operational needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitor Lease expirations, renewals and/or extensions and maintain activity log to assure prompt action by the appropriate corporate department.
2. Prepare Real Estate related legal documents and correspondence for review and approval by attorneys.
3. Investigate and evaluate real estate alternatives to meet the company’s facility capacity needs and operational requirements.
4. Coordinate the expansion of existing leased or owned facilities including the acquisition of land or other related real estate.
5. Monitor Surplus property and coordinate disposition as appropriate.
6. Capture and maintain real estate related data within data management system for all owned and leased real estate, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data for each location.
7. Ensure payment of rent or other real estate related costs for leased facilities.
8. Evaluate request for reimbursement of real estate related expenses including taxes, insurance, CAM or other related invoices ensuring accuracy and lease compliance. Investigate discrepancies and make appropriate recommendations.
9. Collaborate on the initiation of capital and/or lease expenditure authorization requests (CLEAR) as required for real estate related transactions.
10. Coordinate and monitor the review and approval of all Leases or other real estate related legal documents.
11. Manage client, vendor and landlord relationships as it relates to real estate assets.
12. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures.
13. Perform other assignments (or duties) as required.
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business, Marketing or related discipline or equivalent work experience, plus two (2) years’ experience in commercial or industrial real estate, including property management function, lease administration, legal contract management and/or negotiations or related real estate/facility transactions.
• Paralegal Degree or Paralegal Certificate from an accredited institution preferred.
• Knowledge of contracts relative to commercial real estate and/or leasing preferred.
• Strong organization, negotiation, analytical and computer skills.
• Strong communication skills including writing, presentation and research compilation.
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software including but not limited to: Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Must be able to travel
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.