Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Material Handler - Newark, DE
Requisition ID: 25894-304514
Division Category: Operations
Position Type: Full-Time
Address Line 1: 701 Pencader Dr
Country: United States
Zip Code: 19702
Remote Based: No
This is a full-time, day shift position. The schedule will be Saturday-Wednesday
Responsible for performing routine and some non-routine tasks involved in the receiving and shipping of material. Performs these tasks in a warehouse or across dock environment. Ensures safe and legal handling of regulated materials for all inbound and outbound shipments; including proper separation, palletizing, loading and storage. Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Posts weights and shipping charges and prepares material for final shipment. As required, lifts heavy items manually or with assistance. Most tasks are well defined and require general judgment or interpretation. This position requires a moderate level of supervision.
You will uphold the Purple Promise by making every customer experience outstanding. Your efforts and customer-focused mindset will have a positive impact on customer satisfaction and, ultimately, the profitability of our company
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Safe and accurate completion of assigned tasks and associated record keeping/documentation. Unloading, unpacking, and accurate recording of incoming material, proper and accurate reporting of all overages, shortages and damages, (OS&D), stocking of material received, utilizing powered equipment when required, proper loading and bracing of outbound products to ensure damage free delivery to the customer, recording of weights pallet counts for outbound shipments. May be responsible for ensuring all regulated materials freight is properly documented, loaded, secured and palletized on all inbound and outbound shipments and stored in accordance with applicable regulations/requirements and FedEx SupplyChain policies and procedures. May be required to process and handle dangerous goods.
Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Posts weights and pallet counts and prepares material for final shipment. Accurate recording of staging location, and participation in physical inventory counts, cross-docking of material to proper trailers and accurate recording of cross-docked goods, stock consolidations and replenishment of materials within the facility, or orders for outbound shipments, utilizing powered equipment when required. Responsible for ensuring that all shipments/packages have the proper paperwork on all outbound shipments. Maintains documentation file of all outbound regulated materials with regard to proper certification, marking labeling and packaging.
General housekeeping tasks including sweeping, unpacking, and “detrashing” of vehicles and/or shipments. Attend safety meetings as required and notify management immediately of any unsafe working conditions. May assist in orientation of new hire material handlers. May be required to perform spill cleanup efficiently, safely and within procedural guidelines for regulated materials.
· Complete assigned tasks in a reasonable amount of time with a high level of accuracy
· May require the operation of banding, wrapping, packaging, or cleaning equipment
· May require the ability to use PC and/or RF-based computer systems to perform tasks
· Requires the use of manual or powered pallet jacks
· Requires the operation of powered lift trucks and/or floor sweepers
· Knowledge of loading/unloading trailers
Additional Job Elements:
· Ability to work in team environments
· Must exhibit promptness and attention to detail
· Contributes to a safe working environment
· Ability to work in a self-directed work environment
· Ability to work without supervisor on site
· Ability to complete all basic and re-currency regulatory training as required
· Ability to perform the spill clean-up function as required
· Ability to read and understand current regulatory manuals and current regulations and prepare shipments per regulatory requirements in a timely manner.
· May be required to ship and/or handle dangerous goods
A High School Diploma is required for this position
0-1 years of experience or progressive, related experience is required
EEO Statement: FedEx Custom Critical is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled.
If you have a disability and/or you need assistance in order to apply for a position, please call (877) 314-5191.