Dispatcher - Fleet Planner
Requisition ID: 25894-311990
Division Category: Operations
Position Type: Full-Time
Address Line 1: 1475 Boettler Road
Country: United States
Zip Code: 44685
Remote Based: No
Position Overview: This is a 2nd shift opening; candidates must be open to possible weekend availability
The Fleet Planner position will meet customer needs by assessing all available capacity and determining the best cost and service option available. Individuals in this position will possess an in-depth understanding of transportation and the FedEx Custom Critical business and are accountable for maximizing utilization of available capacity. Additionally, Fleet Planners are responsible for working in conjunction with their regional team in order to assure the overall performance of the fleet aligns with company goals. The Fleet Planner will promote a positive fleet experience in an effort to maintain or improve contractor satisfaction and retention. This position requires effective listening, persuasion and negotiation skills to be used in an effort to overcome fleet and carrier objections. In this position, the ability to quickly change direction and prioritize work in a fast-paced, highly demanding work environment will be required with the highest levels of autonomy. Furthermore, sharing best practices and insights with team members is expected.
You will uphold the Purple Promise by making every FedEx experience outstanding.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides a professional and courteous engagement with independent contractors and outside carriers in an effort to secure capacity. Takes appropriate action to enhance the business relationships FedEx Custom Critical maintains with the fleet.
- Communicates through multiple channels (Email, telephone, systems, etc.)
- Dispatches the fleet and outside carriers on FCC shipments through various methods while remaining DOT compliant.
- Assesses customer and shipment needs to determine best cost and service options. Identifies driver or carrier objections to load offers and attempts to overcome by using negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Handles at risk shipments and intervenes as needed with minimal customer impact.
- Responds and addresses complex contractor questions, requests, or issues and provide an appropriate solution.
- Provides independent contractors with accurate and timely information regarding their service results and opportunities to grow and/or enhance their business relationship with FedEx Custom Critical.
- Monitors performance of the fleet against contractually agreed upon results and engages the contractor in a business discussion when in jeopardy of those results not being met. Monitors performance of FedEx Custom Critical against contractor’s expectations regarding the business relationship between the parties (e.g., loaded miles per week).
- Documents and follows up on key contractor, driver, and carrier interactions in the freight management system. Follows up with contractors on escalated questions and issues followed by the documentation of the resolution.
- Provides feedback and recommendations during Safety/TVAL reviews.
- Provides periodic touch-points with contractors and pre-determined intervals to maintain or improve contractor satisfaction and retention.
- Performs other duties as assigned. (may include load board tasks in the future).
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor degree preferred
- 2-5 years of experience with Dispatching in an Owner Operator, or Contractor environment, Logistics and/or Transportation is required
Northeast Ohio - A Great Place to Live and Work!
Follow Us on LinkedIn:http://www.linkedin.com/company/fedex-custom-critical
fleet, trucking, truck, supply chain
EEO Statement: FedEx Custom Critical is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled.
If you have a disability and/or you need assistance in order to apply for a position, please call (877) 314-5191.