Regional Operation Coordinator
Requisition ID: 25894-314486
Division Category: Transportation Services
Position Type: Full-Time
Address Line 1: 1475 Boettler Rd
Country: United States
Zip Code: 44685
Remote Based: No
The Regional Operations Coordinator is responsible for maintaining carrier relationships, conducting pricing analysis, and providing customer service and dispatch. The success of this relies on establishing a successful partnership with our carrier base, keeping an open line of communication with our sales team and providing support to the management team.
1. Supports sales in their effort to go to market with appropriate pricing.
2. Communicates and answers questions regarding market trends, seasonal shifts, and any other effects on capacity and/or pricing.
3. Responsible for establishing a regional lane focused relationship.
4. Responsible for gathering ad hoc lane needs and matching it to the preferred lane needs of a core carrier base for outbound shipments within assigned territory.
5. Partners with the Carrier Management group to resolve any quality issues.
6. Provides phone support for shipment function in a high volume environment.
7. Posts loads to the appropriate load board and ensures coverage.
8. Maximizes purchase transportation costs by actively searching and matching carriers with the freight request.
9. Dispatches drivers.
10. Monitors pickup and delivery of all shipments originating from assigned territory.
11. Communicates all service failures and delays to the appropriate sales staff and carrier liaison for immediate relay to the customer.
12. Collaborates with carrier liaison to effectively define appropriate corrective actions and establish solutions satisfactory to the customer and carrier expectations.
Bachelor's Degree preferred
0-1 year experience required
2-5 years’ Experience with transportation, carrier market pricing for loads / lanes and demonstrated experience maintaining carrier relationships preferred.
We are a 16 time NorthCoast 99 award recipient, which recognizes the top employers in Northeast Ohio! We offer attractive compensation, benefits and team member development.
Northeast Ohio - A Great Place to Live and Work!
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fedex-custom-critical
EEO Statement: FedEx Custom Critical is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled.
If you have a disability and/or you need assistance in order to apply for a position, please call (877) 314-5191.