Requisition ID: 25894-329711
Division Category: General
Position Type: Full-Time
Address Line 1: 1475 Boettler Road
Country: United States
Zip Code: 44685
Remote Based: No
The Data Science Advisor will serve as lead analyst on large initiatives that require advanced analytics, modeling, and forecasting. This individual will function as a subject matter expert on in-depth statistical modeling methods and will provide insight on how to practically apply these models within the organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performsadvanced statistical and mathematical analysis on datasets.
2. Builds models that aid in decision making and forecasting.
3. Implements machine learning solutions to improve quality and reduce manual work.
4. Interprets current data structures to make recommendations on improvement.
5. Partners with outside vendors to enhance our data and analytical capabilities.
6. Designs and maintains an access and governance plan for data science and modeling.
7. Serve as data and measurement expert in planning and strategy sessions.
8. Adheres to all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
9. Perform other duties as required.
A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or a related field is required to apply
A PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or a related field is preferred
5-7 years of experience in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or a related field is required to apply
7-10 years of experience in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or a related field is preferred
Additional Job Elements:
1. Advanced skills in data mining and manipulation within RDBSs using SQL and PL/SQL.
2. Expert-level statistical and mathematical analysis of data sets.
3. Ability to build, maintain, and deploy descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive models.
4. Practical experience creating and using time series forecasting models.
5. Background using GIS tools and models for geospatial analytics.
6. Knowledge and ability to solve big data problems.
7. Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively to drive meaningful change within the organization.
Northeast Ohio - A Great Place to Live and Work!
Follow Us on LinkedIn:http://www.linkedin.com/company/fedex-custom-critical
Data,analytics, big data, programming, analysis, data analysis, SQL, dashboard,dashboards, computer science, math, mathematics, forecasting, forecast,business process, business processes, data scientist, data science
EEO Statement: FedEx Custom Critical is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled. If you have a disability and/or you need assistance in order to apply for a position, please call (877) 314-5191.