Manager, Strategic Projects (Green Bay, WI)
Requisition ID: 25894-332523
Division Category: General
Position Type: Full-Time
Address Line 1: 1400 Lombardi Ave
City: Green Bay
Country: United States
Zip Code: 54304
Remote Based: No
This position can be based in either Green Bay, WI or Uniontown, OH.
The Manager, Project Management will oversee a team responsible for supporting the organization’s strategy program and project management process. This individual will ensure projects stay within scope of the strategic plan and will align resources to meet and overcome challenges and changing demands. . In addition, this individual will partner with executive sponsor and subject matter experts across various functions to ensure the appropriate plan, activities and resources are established to ensure project and strategic goals are successfully achieved.
This role will be focused on planning and monitoring of projects which includes but is not limited to allocating project managers to support program(s)/project(s), establishing tools to track the health of projects, and ensuring root cause to challenges and roadblocks are identified, escalated and solutioned for success.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides oversight and leadership to the project management team including hiring, goal setting, performance management, people development and proactively addresses job performance gaps to mitigate risks to the individual, team and the business.
· Ensures all key projects are aligned, integrated, and connected to the company’s strategy.
· Ensures continuous improvement ideas are identified and implemented.
· Evaluates and effectively balances the need and use of internal and external resources.
· Ensures critical issues and/or challenges are resolved in a timely manner and opportunities are integrated into project plans as they surface.
· Develops and/or implements a project management framework that integrates creativity, credibility and efficiency into the approach to solve problems, generate ideas and analyze data which will allow the team to address ambiguous problems while minimizing unproductive efforts.
· Develops materials to enable decision making that results in impactful change for the organization.
· Participates on cross op-co teams that pertain to priorities and initiatives.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, project management, engineering or related field is required.
· Master’s Degree preferred.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent experience is required.
· Strategic Planning Certification (SPP, SMP, or SPA) or equivalent experience is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in business, project management, engineering or related field with 5 years of experience with strategic planning, project planning, and/or consulting.
At least 2 years of experience in the Transportation/Logistics Industry.
2 years of experience working in a consultative or leadership role within a corporate setting and partnering with individuals across the organization to achieve results.
5 or more years of demonstrated leadership experience including directing the work of others in a supervisory capacity.
5 years of experience working in a consultative or leadership role within a corporate setting and partnering with individuals across the organization to achieve results.
Additional skills needed:
Strong leadership, organizational, and communications skills required.
Knowledge /experience working across department boundaries to achieve results in multiple corporate settings.
Demonstrated courage of convictions in challenging the status quo.
Ability to frame complex problems and deconstruct them into discrete analyses for team execution.
Demonstrated ability to draw insights from analysis and communicate (verbal and written format) in a clear and compelling manner.
Demonstrates broad-based business thinking capabilities.
We are a 16 time NorthCoast 99 award recipient, which recognizes the top employers in Northeast Ohio! We offer attractive compensation, benefits and team member development.
EEO Statement: FedEx Custom Critical is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled. If you have a disability and/or you need assistance in order to apply for a position, please call (877) 314-5191.