Manager, Air Services
Requisition ID: 25894-336245
Division Category: Operations
Position Type: Full-Time
Address Line 1: 1475 Boettler Road
Country: United States
Zip Code: 44685
Remote Based: No
This Manager will lead the Air Services Team on 2nd/3rd shift
The Manager, Air Services leads, executes and oversees and all aspects of the Air Services department, consisting of domestic and global air freight shipments.Responsible for achieving daily financial, productivity, service and SQI goals while maintaining the FedEx Custom Critical culture. Develops leadership and team members to drive operational excellence by leveraging the FedEx Quality Driven Management principles and methodology. Cultivates and manages strong internal,inter company, customer and vendor relationships. Partners with other internal departments and FedEx operating companies to accomplish the corporate business goals and to provide exceptional, seamless service to customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops and implements plans to meet customer, service, financial, productivity and people objectives. Monitors and measures performance against plan, ensuring objectives are met.
2. Innovates, seeks and implements methods and resources to increase productivity, people and technical competencies, service performance and divisional growth.
3. Provides leadership, coaching and performance management to supervisors and team members.
4. Ensures procedures are in place that quickly and objectively identify, diagnose, prevent and correct problems and take advantage of opportunities as they relate to customer, team members,independent contractors, service performance, technology and productivity.
5. Communicates and clarifies expectations to gain support and achieve results. Solicits ideas and information from departmental team members. Partners and communicates with other departments to meet departmental, cross-departmental and company strategic goals.
6. Interacts and collaborates with Sales to address customer issues, increase current business and close new business opportunities.
7. Understands the FedEx Express network. Partners with FedEx Express team members at hubs and ramps to ensure FedEx Custom Critical shipments are handled properly and in a timely manner.
8. Collaborates with FedEx Trade Networks team members to ensure FedEx Custom Critical shipments are processed in a timely manner.
9. Complies with all applicable domestic and global laws/regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
10. Performs other duties as required.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Transportation Management,Logistics or other related discipline is required for this position.
Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of an undergraduate degree.
2-5 years demonstrated experience in Air Services is preferred
5 to 7 years of demonstrated leadership experience including directing the work of others in a supervisory capacity is required
Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of progressive demonstrated experience in operations or related function in a transportation/logistics environment.
EEO Statement: FedEx Custom Critical is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled.
If you have a disability and/or you need assistance in order to apply for a position, please call (877) 314-5191.