Cargo Claims Coordinator
Requisition ID: 25894-340306
Division Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Position Type: Full-Time
Address Line 1: 1400 Lombardi Ave
City: Green Bay
Country: United States
Zip Code: 54304
Remote Based: No
This position can be located in either Green Bay, WI or Uniontown, OH.
The Cargo Claims Coordinator role serves as subject matter expert both internally and externally on claims law, processes and claim outcome expectations. The role is accountable for the management of the entire claims process for our managed transportation and freight solutions customers. This position is instrumental in ensuring FCC is leveraging all applicable claims laws and adhering to all contractual terms and conditions in order to minimize risk to the organization and our customers. On-going education and training is required to stay abreast of industry trends and legal precedence’s.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identify and compile legally required claim documentation from all stakeholders to include: service providers, customers, shippers, consignees, warehouses, and operations personnel.
2. Research, evaluate and qualify validity of claims. Prepare and present valid claims to service providers within legally required parameters.
3. Leverage claim law, contract terms and conditions, FDA Guidelines and court case history to recoup payment for the customer.
4. Negotiate settlement agreements between the customer and service provider to achieve an equitable settlement to both parties.
5. Advise customers on claim status, outcome determination and settlement terms and recommendations. This often requires communicating undesirable results.
6. Perform root cause analysis to determine if repeated damage incidence is a carrier or shipper related issue and recommend possible solutions.
7. Lead regular meetings with operations and logistics sourcing advisors to drive accountability, increase claim visibility, and align tasks to finalize claims in a timely fashion.
8. Create and provide monthly reports for leadership to summarize the status of all claims and determine potential risk to the organization and our customers.
9. Accountable for work instruction creation, process improvement and SOP compliance.
10. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies and procedures
11. Perform other duties as required.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Associate’s degree or higher in Business, Supply Chain or Transportation Management preferred.
· 2 – 5 years relevant transportation operations experience.
· 2 – 5 years relevant transportation operations experience including claims preferred
· 5-7 years of transportation operations experience, including claims
· Understanding of shipping process and what happens on a dock.
· Experience with TMS, Excel, Word and Access.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively
EEO Statement: FedEx Custom Critical is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled. If you have a disability and/or you need assistance in order to apply for a position, please call (877) 314-5191.