Manager, Data Science & Innovation
Requisition ID: 25894-343428
Division Category: Administrative
Position Type: Full-Time
Address Line 1: 1475 Boettler Road
Country: United States
Zip Code: 44685
Remote Based: No
The Manager of Decision Science and Innovation will lead a highly-technical team of data and process-driven professionals to enhance decision making capabilities at FedEx Custom Critical by leveraging data, advanced analytics, and efficient process design. The team will also house internal product managers who will specialize in innovative products and processes which will help advance existing capabilities and greatly increase scalability and efficiency.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead the effort to utilize data and advanced analytics to optimize decision making.
2. Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and propose solutions.
3. Prioritize and delegate work within the team to ensure optimal use of resources.
4. Continually seek to leverage new and innovative applications and tools to solve problems and become more efficient.
5. Maintain a catalog of innovative tools and processes to be used throughout the business.
6. Create and sustain a roadmap to advancing the company’s capabilities and becoming a more scalable, efficient enterprise.
7. Oversee the development of meaningful business intelligence tools and applications that transform data into information used in decision making.
8. Own the process engineering function which specializes in efficient process design and re-engineering.
9. Ensure objectives are being met in a timely and complete manner.
10. Develop team members to advance their skillsets and achieve career goals.
11. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies and procedures
12. Perform other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Analytics or similar required.
· Master’s degree or higher in Finance, Statistics, Analytics or similar preferred.
· 8 – 10 years’ experience in data analytics, statistical modeling, strategic analysis, pricing, etc.
· 10 or more years’ experience in data analytics, statistical modeling, strategic analysis, pricing, etc.
· Ability to distill complex concepts into easy-to-understand terms.
· Programing languages required: Statistics tools (SAS, R, Python, etc.), GIS tools, RDBS SQL, etc.
EEO Statement: FedEx Custom Critical is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled. If you have a disability and/or you need assistance in order to apply for a position, please call (877) 314-5191.