Acts as a strategic partner with performance leaders throughout the organization on various HR related issues. Forms partnerships with key business units and collaborates to support the organization’s goals. Provides expertise in the areas of employee relations, workforce planning, HR development, policies and procedures,consultation, HR development and engagement.
You will uphold the Purple Promise by making every customer experience outstanding.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Employee Relations: Manage and resolve employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. On more complex issues advises HR Manager and provides recommendations. Complies and safeguards employment law relating to EEO/AA, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, and other related laws.
2. Workforce Planning: Partners with internal business units to analyze current and future staffing needs. Conducts job analyses and prepares or reviews the corresponding job descriptions.
3. HR Development: Ensures HR related programs, policies, and procedures comply with key federal, state, local laws, and regulations. Fosters transformational leadership through communications, training and development. Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies. Partners with key business leaders to provide HR development and to further support the organization’s strategic intent.
4. Policies and Procedures: Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
5. Consultation: Consult with leadership providing HR guidance when appropriate. Provides day to day performance management guidance to leadership (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the day to day management of employees,reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with Legal department as needed/required. Provides guidance,input, and direction on business unit restructure, workforce planning and succession planning.
6. Engagement: Works closely with leadership and employees to improve work relationships,build morale, increase productivity and retention.
7. Special Projects: Completes special projects as assigned. Projects include, but not limited to,turnover report, annual review education, leader education and process improvement initiatives.
Education and Certifications:
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred for this position. A Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification is preferred for this position
2 to 5 years of experience is required for this position
30-40% Travel will be required for this position
Additional Job Elements:
1. Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration.
2. Excellent consulting skills
3. Effective verbal and written communication skills
4. Excellent interpersonal skills
5. Strong conflict management skills
6. Build relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
7. Manage multiple conflicting priorities
8. Ability to interact with leadership at all levels.
Take initiative to identify and anticipate customer needs and make recommendations for implementation.
We are a multiple NorthCoast 99 award recipient, which recognizes the top employers in Northeast Ohio! We offer attractive compensation, benefits and team member development.