Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 25897-292484
Job Type: Full Time
Division Category: Handler/Dockworker
Postal Code: T1X 0K3
Split Shift: No
Responsible for transporting freight across dock area to/from trailers for loading to trailers. As a Freight Handler, flexibility regarding shifts will be required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including, but not limited to forklift, pallet jack, hand truck
2. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
3. Verify documentation matches freight description, including, but not limited to type, weight, and hazardous materials, using current electronic and manual system
4. Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies, including, but not limited to pallets, straps, rope
5. Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary
6. Verify and complete required documentation and reports
7. Assist customers with freight and freight documentation as needed
8. Perform other duties as required
• High school diploma/equivalent or 2 years dock experience
• Valid forklift certificate preferred
• Ability to lift/carry hand freight of varying weights several times a week, to lift dock plates weighing approximately 100 pounds, and to open trailer doors requiring approximately 75 pounds of lift force, up to several times per day or more
• Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift
• Previous dock/warehouse experience preferred
• Able to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Able to follow instructions and complete required training
• Able to work alone or as a team member
• Dock environment; exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Shift Hours To: 07:30