Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 25897-304255
Job Type: Full Time
Division Category: Operations
Postal Code: N5W 2B8
Split Shift: No
Responsible for leading employees to ensure customer satisfaction by moving all shipments on time and damage free while observing company and regulatory policies and procedures
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Foster safe working environment
2. Lead, educate and develop company employees
3. Plan and communicate daily loads to ensure freight is delivered on time
4. Communicate with contract drivers and account managers, to ensure the customer and company’s needs are met
5. Plan daily manpower needs to ensure customer’s freight is delivered and picked-up timely and damage free
6. Communicate with dispatch at various service centers and with dock employees to coordinate the movement of trailers and freight
7. Coordinate the distribution of inbound, outbound and hub loads to achieve cut time compliance.
8. Monitor and ensure GAMD and appointment shipments are delivered on time
9. Dispatch deliveries and pick-ups to ensure they are completed on time
10. Communicate with service centers throughout the line haul process to ensure freight remains in cycle
11. Monitor and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies
12. Perform administrative functions such as printing delivery receipts, manifest shipments freight billing, tracing shipments, etc.
13. Report line haul activity including percentage of trailer cube, trailer weights, delay times, etc.
14. Monitor actual performance data and gather information for reporting
15. Identify freight moving at incorrect weight and classification
16. Ensure all OS&D exceptions are identified and processed properly
17. Assist other Supervisors as required
18. Conduct daily pre-shift meetings with reporting teams
19. Implement company policies and comply with all applicable laws and regulations
20. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
21. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High school diploma with previous transportation experience, preferred
• Post-Secondary education preferred
• Previous leadership experience, preferred
• Must possess thorough knowledge of LTL industry, DOT rules and regulations
• Load planning and dispatching knowledge, an asset
• Good interpersonal skills
• Must be multi-tasked oriented
• Good computer skills- MS Office, Outlook, Word & Excel
• Ability to interpret and understand company policies and procedures
Shift Hours From: 00:00
• Must be able to hear at a level which would allow recognition of safety devices such as horns, backup signals and machinery in the potentially congested work environment of a loading dock, trailer/truck and the yard