Job Type: Full Time
Division Category: Management
Postal Code: L4W 4Y1
Split Shift: No
Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and coordinating the execution of Contractor (Owner Operator), processes and policies for FedEx Freight Canada. Includes contractor safety and compliance, contractor settlement and fleet maintenance
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Recruits, selects, develops, motivates and evaluates a knowledgeable staff of contractor relations professionals that provide services including contractor relations, contractor safety & compliance, contractor settlement and fleet maintenance for FedEx Freight Canada.
2. Collaborates and advises as a subject matter expert in developing, implementing and evaluating initiatives, policies and procedures that relate to contractors (owner operators)
3. Provides leadership and counseling support to company directors and management on matters of goal setting, policy development, and strategic implementation in support of achieving company objectives and business growth.
4. Ensure compliance with all MOT and DOT regulations
5. Management of all Operating Authorities
6. Develop, implement and maintain consistent contractor direction to ensure safety, compliance and delivery of superior customer service
7. Develop and manage procedures to ensure equipment and contractor files are in compliance.
8. Manage Accident analysis to identify trends
9. Manage accident investigation – review root cause for prevention and education
10. Ensures consistency among assigned areas of responsibility relative to systems/processes and practices.
11. Directs the preparation written and verbal information to communicate with owner operators of FedEx Freight Canada business requirements.
12. Ensures compliance with relevant federal and provincial regulations and internal company policies/procedures affecting owner operators and the relationship with FXFC.
13. Identify owner operator concerns and negative morale trends and, with leadership, develop action plans to resolve.
14. Consult with leadership, employees and contractor relations staff to investigate and resolve all complaints and concerns.
15. Plan and visit all major locations quarterly.
16. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
17. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High School diploma, required; Post-Secondary degree or equivalent, preferably in the management of company drivers and/or owner operators
• Ten (10) years in transportation, of which includes five (5) years in management
• Commercial driving experience, preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of transportation regulations
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills, as well as strong ability to persuade and partner with all levels within the organization
• Ability to facilitate meetings with large groups
• MS Office knowledge required with computer competency
• High initiative and demonstrated ability to lead others in a staff function
• Ability to work directly with senior management of the company
• Must be able to travel as needed
Shift Hours To: 17:00