Job Type: Full Time
Division Category: Security
Postal Code: L4W 4Y1
Split Shift: No
Responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive security program for all FedEx Freight Canada locations that safeguards customer cargo and company assets from losses associated with theft/fraud. Collaborate with other FedEx Freight Canada management to provide a safe secure work environment for all employees. Proactively interact with Canada Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency to expedited cross border operations
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and update written policies; processes; procedures and guidelines to address and improve all security considerations in a cost effective manner
2. Reduce/eliminate losses associated with theft, pilferage and vandalism by developing preventative security and loss prevention policies and procedures and educating local management in crime prevention measures.
3. Respond and initiate security investigations of criminal acts committed against FedEx Freight Canada that identify responsible parties and coordinate with local, regional and national law enforcement agencies to appropriately mitigate these incidents.
4. Develop and maintain a close working collaboration with Canada Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency to ensure FedEx Freight Canada is involved and compliant with Canada’s Partners in Protection (PIP) border security program; U.S. Customs -Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) program; and the U.S. Free and Secure Trade (FAST) program.
5. Lead the implementation, maintenance and management of the FedEx Workplace Violence Program for FedEx Freight Canada.
6. Respond and assist when applicable to any FedEx Alert Line issues.
7. Ensure appropriate physical security practices are maintained at all FedEx Freight Canada locations. Direct installation and monitoring of service center security systems, oversee third party uniformed guard services and ensure facility access is appropriately secure.
8. Develop and maintain close working relationships with local, regional and national law enforcement agencies and interact with these authorities to identify local and national trends and patterns of cargo theft.
9. Develop and maintain close working relationships with all FedEx Freight Canada departments and Legal to enhance the effectiveness of security practices and ensure compliance with all company policies, government regulations and local/regional/national laws.
10. Collaborate with Security Directors of all FedEx OPCOs to insure consistent security best practices are developed and implemented corporate wide.
11. Collaborate with business partners to insure adequate security compliance with shipments.
12. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
13. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High School diploma, required; Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years directly related work experience
• Ten (10) years of related experience in law enforcement and/or corporate security
• Seven (7) years leadership experience
• Knowledgeable and experienced in criminal law pertaining to cargo theft and fraud on a local, regional and national level within all jurisdictions where FedEx Freight Canada conducts business
• Proven ability to initiate, manage, and direct investigations while abiding by all applicable laws
• Problem solving, organizational and decision making skills
• Overnight travel required
• Must be able to travel within Canada and Internationally
• Hours may vary due to operational need