Job Title: Comp Sys Supp Spec
Job Requisition Number: RC158306
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
3800 Forest Hill Irene Rd
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Posting Date: 2019-06-06
To provide technical support and services for PC workstation environment. Ascertain reported operational user issues. Resolve workstation hardware, software, and communication problems. To ensure performance, supportability, and continuance of production systems and technologies by following procedures and documentation as directed by policies and procedures. Ensure time sensitivity to mission critical system outages.
- Supports availability of pc workstation and LAN attached facilities.
- Provides technical support to business community by applying diagnostic skills and analysis to resolve the problem or replace the affected unit if necessary.
- Collaborates with peers and other it departments to ensure time sensitive response to mission critical operating system and software problems, potential problems, and outages.
- Ensures published SLA response time to problems is consistently met. Assists in the development of departmental policy and procedural documentation as related to each specific operational region. Creates documentation to ensure the overall efficiency of the department. Maintain reference and project documentation.
- Collaborates with peers and other it departments to implement and support operating system configurations and new solutions.
- Maintains standardization with regards to the desktop environments and local file server administration. Ensures IS&T project application environment is managed in accordance to published SLA.
- Utilizes business knowledge to anticipate the effects of proposed or pending modifications and efficiently resolve problems by applying advanced analysis and problem solving techniques to such modifications.
- Strives to increase knowledge of operational region specific configurations in support of 4,000 (+/-) desktop workstations, various operating system configurations, various output devices, network, and imaging peripherals.
- Ensures technical certifications, such as those listed in position qualifications are maintained.
Two (2) year degree in computer science (desktop environment operating systems) or other related curriculum, or proven equivalent inexperience (A+ and vendor technician certifications preferred). Total of three (3) years’ work experience required with one (1) year required inapplicable field experience. Advanced computer software installation, configuration, design, and problem resolution knowledge. Knowledge and skills with windows desktop operating systems, Linux operating systems, and windows server operating systems. IBM Iseries (image systems), IBM Zseries (duplex), IBM Xseries, and dell PowerEdge (servers). Knowledge of tcpip communications, LAN environments, and basic configuration of Ethernet peripherals. Knowledge of office wiring, cabling, hub/switch connections. Advanced verbal and written communication skills are required for documentation, organization, and interaction with management/ peers/business community. Ability to communicate projects of various size and complexity
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.