Job Requisition Number: RC172709
Federal Express House
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 40
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 22-July-2019
Closing Date: 22-January-2020
Job Family: FXE-EU: Information Security Analyst (ID)
Security Operations Centre – L3 Analyst
FedEx has a challenging opening for an L3 Analyst in our UK Security Operations Centre, which is part of the FedEx International Information Security Team.
Location and Working Pattern
- FedEx Nuneaton Office, UK.
- Some UK and International travel is to be expected.
- Initial induction and training (3 months) will be conducted at our Nuneaton, Coventry and Atherstone offices. After induction office location will be Nuneaton based on a shift pattern (4 days on, 4 days off).
FedEx Security Operation Centre Facility
- The FedEx security operations centre ("SOC") is a facility where all FedEx information systems such as web sites, applications, databases, data centres, servers, networks, desktops and other endpoints, are monitored, assessed, and defended.
FedEx SOC and cybersecurity analysts help prevent attacks through their expertise and knowledge of databases, networks, hardware, firewalls and encryption. They keep the FedEx enterprise running smoothly, prevent the theft of financial and personal information, and detect and prevent intruders from accessing and divulging data. In brief the FedEx SOC looks to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the business technology and data assets.
The Security Operations Centre – L3 Analyst resource has the following key responsibilities:
- Monitoring: Monitoring all technologies, and data asset dashboard, sensors and services, and escalate any security events and incidents within the SOC.
- Detection: Using your expertise and knowledge in hunting, as well as automated event detection of sensors and services, to identify any suspicious or malicious activity across the enterprise. Continuous improvement of all detection processes and corresponding technology components.
- Investigation: SOC L3 Analysts will be expected to take ownership and investigate e
severity. Investigation is also where we determine the root cause and the forensics as part of the investigation to help determine scope, risk and to determine what is, or has happened. You will be expected to perform coordinating a team where you are the incident response coordinator. Furthermore, severity. Investigations could be conducted on an individual basis, or by vents and incidents to determine scope, risk and
- remediation activities.
- Remediation: As the Incident Response Coordinator you take ownership of remediation activities, and work closely with various departments in the FedEx organization to remove suspicious and malicious activity and traffic, and where required restore services. Make appropriate changes to guarantee the such security events and incidents do not reoccur.
- Review: As part of continuous improvement, review all incidents to improve response processes and actionable intelligence. Where possible move manual process over to automation and orchestration. As an L3 Analyst response coordinator you will also be involved in continuous improvement with various team across the organization.
- People: As a team leader you will be required to work manage and motivate a small team, provide subject matter expertise and best practice to everyone in the Cyber-Security Command Center.
Skills and Qualification
The ideal candidate for this job will have courses and/or relevant work experience in some or all of the following skills
- Previous experience working in a Security Operations Centre
- Experience in incident response
- Demonstrate progression and development from L1, 2 and L3 positions
- Demonstrate experience with SIEM tools and technologies
- Demonstrate cyber hunting techniques
- 5 years’ experience in the field of IT Security and Information Security
- Good understanding of network architecture and corresponding security controls
- Demonstrate defense in depth from an IT perspective
- Certification in the areas of Information Security or Cyber Security
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative capability with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a demanding environment
- Exhibiting a high degree of flexibility and ability to multi-task, seeking guidance where necessary
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and written skills
- Ability to work as part of a team with remote colleagues in other countries
Accuracy & Attention to Detail;Analytical Skills;Problem Solving Skills;Judgement & Decision Making Skills;Presentation Skills;
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.