Job Requisition Number: RC172361
Federal Express House
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Time Type: Full Time
Scheduled weekly Hours: 37.5
Worker Type: Regular
Posting Date: 22-July-2019
Closing Date: 22-August-2019
Job Family: FXE-EU: Manager Information Technology
As a Manager IT for Information Security Design/Architecture, which is part of the International Information Security Operations, Engineering, and Solutions team, you will be responsible for: -
- Developing a sound understanding of the FedEx business and of the macro business environment (economic, industry, competitor etc.) within assigned region.
- Leadership of up to 10 architects/SMEs focusing on technical design, advisory services, establishing design patterns, and assessment/integration of mergers & acquisitions as well as 3 Project Managers focusing on providing PM support to the International Information Security Operations, Engineering, and Solutions organisation worldwide.
- Recruiting talent within the capabilities of technical architecture and project management as positions are available.
- Interaction with regional and corporate executive management up to C-suite level around complex Information Security topics including M&A and design proposals.
- Establishing and supporting the International Information Security design/demand process and associated artefacts to ensure consistent approach to Information Security controls globally.
- Partnership with the Corporate and International Information Security teams in a highly collaborative approach.
- Accomplishing financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Leading technical discussions with team or executive management and act as the be decision maker.
To be successful in this role you will have: -
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience at a management or professional level with responsibility for multi countries/entities
- Technical Knowledge in broad range of infrastructure and application level related topics
- In depth understanding Information security principles/domains such as application security, data loss prevention, penetration testing, perimeter security, network security, endpoint security, identity and access management. cloud security, and web security.
- Previous experience managing teams responsible for customer facing support in form of consultative/advisory services.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good process orientation with experience of reviewing processes & developing & implementing simplifications & enhancements
- Excellent planning & organisational skills with experience of setting direction and priorities for others
- Excellent project management skills with experience of leading complex infrastructure projects
- Excellent problem solving skills with experience of developing & implementing business focused solutions to complex Information Security related issues
- Experience with an architecture framework such as SABSA, TOGAF, etc.
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by "Fortune" magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.